According to the latest guidelines from Ohio State Dental Board and American Dental Association, Downtown Dental Services resumed providing routine dental care starting on May 4th, 2020.
At Downtown Dental, patient health and well-being are our highest priority.
In March and April, we had been providing emergency and urgent dental care for our patients so nobody would have to go to hospitals for dental problems.
We made wellness calls to our senior patients and patients who live by themselves, and sent out wellness kits with masks/gloves. We still have limited supplies left. Please give us a call if you still need any.
Now we resume the normal operation and provide routine dental care including restoratives and dental cleanings.
Here is the plan we are adopting to maintain a safe and clean office.
- We continue to strictly follow CDC guidelines for infection control with hospital grade disinfectants and agents. We constantly wipe down doors, doorknobs, all common areas, and treatment rooms between patient visits.
- You will receive a phone screening 2 days before your appointment. For the safety of everyone, anyone with symptoms such as fever, cough, and shortness of breath is encouraged to stay at home. Body temperature will be taken once patients enter the office. Anyone with illness will be rescheduled.
- Please wear a mask or mouth covering inside the office. If needed, a mask will be provided by the office.
- Please minimize the number of companions to patient visits. Patients will be taken to individual treatment rooms immediately after body temperature is measured. So nobody will stay in the reception room for an extended period of time.
- Medical grade air purifiers have been installed in each individual room throughout the office. These air purifiers can filter out small particles at 0.1 micron (the size of viruses, bacteria, and other air pollutants) so our practice will have the purest air possible.
- Dr. Lu and team members will wear additional protection gears such as disposable gowns and face shields on top of regular goggles, surgical and N95 masks and gloves. We will make sure it’s safe for everyone in the office.
- Online Virtual Consult (Facetime/Zoom/Skype) has been set up and running. Now you can use your smart phone or computer to do virtual consults with Dr. Lu without coming to the office. Appointments can be made online or by phone.
We will also adapt to the current rapid changing situation and modify our plan accordingly.
Please do not hesitate to reach out to us if you have any questions or needs.
Everybody Stay Safe and Healthy!
Dr. Tony Lu and team